Senior Associate Land Surveyor
The Senior Associate Land Surveyor will work hand in hand with Survey Field Crews by taking the information collected in the field to draft various Topographic Surveys, Boundary Surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, Easement and Boundary Plats according to Company and Project Specific Municipality Standards. Senior Associate Land Surveyors also prepare and create full Civil3D Drawings beginning from field data points, generate surfaces and contours, calculate boundary lines from record maps, and Grant Deed descriptions. Senior Associate Land Surveyors play a key role in delivering maps and documents necessary to memorialize land ownership and land use.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate and perform route, engineering design, property, geodetic, and construction surveys
- Review, perform and create exhibits for right-of-way and facility boundary retracement surveys, including encroachment and right-of-way marking surveys
- Research client, government agency, state, county, or city records for information concerning surveys
- Create deliverables such as field note sheets, electronic data collection files, computation sheets, CAD base maps, Records of Survey and land acquisition exhibits, survey reports and narratives, encroachment and right-of-way exhibits, electronic GIS files
- Inspect and verify survey deliverables for accuracy and correctness, notify the client, and/or supervisor of any discrepancies
- Draft and review scopes, schedules, statements of work, and estimates for survey work performed by the survey team
- Facilitate and coordinate the work of field survey crew staff
- Perform complex computations and analysis using technical software, Trimble Business Center, etc.
- Coordinate and support the collections of field survey data for various projects
- Check and review Records of Survey, Boundary Line adjustments, Partition Plats, and other official documents in accordance with organizational standards, to be recorded at various federal, state, and county government offices
- Complete associated documentation and archiving, such as control and alignment reports
- Coordinate field survey activities with other disciplines across offices to facilitate design and construction needs
- Review and analyze vague title policy matters and legal description issues, and advise management and/or staff of applicability
- Maintain land survey databases and validate data quality of information entered
- Assist with process improvement efforts and associated administrative tasks
- Perform internal land survey and real property records research, and coordinate with the public and other government agencies regarding requests for information
- Manage in training more junior staff with QK standards for surveying projects
- Other duties as assigned or as needed in order to successfully complete project deliverables or meet internal goals
- Minimum of three (3) years practical experience working as a Professional Land Surveyor
- Demonstrated experience in and expert knowledge of laws affecting land surveying and boundaries is preferred.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org