Associate Land Surveyor
The Associate Land Surveyor will work hand in hand with Survey Field Crews by taking the information collected in the field to draft various Topographic Surveys, Boundary Surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, Easement and Boundary Plats according to Company and Project Specific Municipality Standards. Associate Land Surveyors also prepare and create full Civil3D Drawings beginning from field data points, generate surfaces and contours, calculate boundary lines from record maps, and Grant Deed descriptions. Associate Land Surveyors play a key role in delivering maps and documents necessary to memorialize land ownership and land use.
What You'll Do
- Perform topographic, property, geodetic, and construction surveys
- Prepare the points for CAD Designers and Technicians
- Review, perform and create exhibits for right-of-way and facility boundary retracement surveys, including encroachment and right-of-way marking surveys
- Research government agency, state, county, or city records for information concerning surveys
- Inspect and verify survey deliverables for accuracy and correctness
- Perform complex computations and analysis using technical software, Trimble Business Center, etc.
- Coordinate and support the collections of field survey data for various projects
- Check and review Records of Survey, Boundary Line adjustments, Partition Plats, and other official documents in accordance with organizational standards, to be recorded at various federal, state, and county government offices
- Complete associated documentation and archiving, such as control and alignment reports
- Works with other disciplines across offices to perform design and construction tasks
- Maintain land survey databases and validate data quality of information entered
- Assist with process improvement efforts and associated administrative tasks
- Perform internal land survey and real property records research and coordinate with the public and other government agencies regarding requests for information
- Assist in training Survey Designers with AutoCAD and QK standards for drafting projects
- Other duties as assigned or as needed in order to successfully complete project deliverables or meet internal goals
- One (1) year of practical experience in the survey field
- Demonstrated experience in and expert knowledge of laws affecting land surveying and boundaries is preferred.
Email your resume to email@example.com