Assistant Environmental Scientist
Assistant Environmental Scientists use their species-specific and relevant environmental knowledge to provide important services pertaining to the health of communities and work to protect the environment from serious hazards. This position is an entry-level professional position with responsibility for assisting in the collection, interpretation, and analysis of field data and research for inclusion in technical NEPA and CEQA documents. The Assistant Environment Scientist will collect field data and provide relevant notes necessary in the analysis of environmental problems in order for more senior staff to develop solutions to these problems. This includes the assessment of the risks of new construction to the environment. This position is essential in building a strong foundation in the environmental science discipline within QK.
What You'll Do
- Assist in conducting wildlife, plant, and habitat surveys, inventory, and analysis
- Observe and monitor species in the field
- Assist in preparation of analysis, mitigation plans, regulatory compliance / permitting documentation, and land-use monitoring for natural/biological resources protection
- Research agency records and literature
- Work with agencies to acquire permits
- Draft portions of documents for inclusion in NEPA and CEQA documents
- May compile data and information for public presentations
- Assist with GIS data research and analysis
- Other duties as assigned or as needed in order to successfully complete project deliverables or meet internal goals
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience (or comparable education), especially in the areas of NEPA and CEQA compliance, wetlands delineations, CWA, ESA, and related federal and/or state environmental compliance regulations. Field experience in California preferred.
- Experience using field equipment
Email your resume to email@example.com