FUNDING FOR NEW ALTERNATIVE FUEL VEHICLES
By John Quiring, Director of Community Development and Infrastructure Funding
Your agency may be eligible for grant funding for new alternative fuel vehicles. As one of our valued clients, QK would like to help you determine your eligibility, vehicle needs and assist you with the application and documents.
Applications are currently being accepted from public agencies for up to $20,000 per vehicle (up to 5 vehicles depending on your agency’s needs) for the purchase of new alternative-fuel vehicles. There is no funding match required to receive the grant. Qualified vehicles that cost more than $20,000 may be purchased, however your reimbursement is capped at $20,000 per vehicle. The following provisions also apply:
- All applications will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You must wait to order or purchase any new vehicle until you receive an executed reimbursement contract from the funding agency.
- Any new vehicle purchased prior to reimbursement contract execution, is ineligible for funding.
Approved applicants will receive reimbursement after the new vehicle is purchased and all required documents are submitted. There is currently a 3-4 month wait to get your reimbursement contract. Application will require a resolution from your governing Board or Council.
Vehicle types can include:
- Certified Clean CNG
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicles
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric
- Battery Electric Vehicles
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell